Sunday, November 22, 2009

IDEAS ON COORDINATING FROM 2010 ONWARDS

This is to invite ideas and suggestions and/or nominees for a new coordinator or if you prefer, a coordinating team to take up the task of managing the Social Frees from 2010 onwards. Please post only constructive comments. The old coordinator will retire at the end of 2009. Thanks.

To preempt questions on the 'suddenness' of my decision to retire and whether it is related to certain incidents recently, I have to categorically state that those incidents have little to do with the decision to retire, rather the incidents involved a difference of opinion between two friends (individuals with very strong personalities and views) who have known one another for more than 20 years, and I even considered myself to have the upper hand in those arguments. My decisions are never influenced by such petty issues (though it does make the decision slightly easier to make), instead certain near fatal accidents, one towards the end of 2008 and another earlier in 2009, combined with the recent marriage of the second last bachelor among my former classmates (making me the last bachelor, certainly not 'eligible' and more the case of being 'overdue'), prompted my decision much earlier. I had earlier announced that I was systematically ending of my active involvement in Ramblers SC where I have been serving as VP. Like some of my other friends who have ended their tenures as club coordinators due to 'family commitments', I am pursuing a similar course of action to possibly start such 'commitments' in the future. Someone told me that the true test of a great leader is in his ability to create other leaders and in preserving the legacy of his charge. I truly hope to pass this test.

1 comment:

Andy said...

why lar quit.you have been doing a great job organising friendlies and all