Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 - the beginning as it will be, 2009 - the end as it was

Colours started the 28th year since the Social Frees was established the usual way - with a win over White. However, the winning margin is getting increasingly tighter. Colours won by three goal margins in the more recent two years (4-1 in 2008 and 8-5 in 2009) and huge margins in the years before. This time it was just a 2 goal margin 6-4 win with 22 players playing.

Yours truly still managed a goal in 2010's first game to maintain a tradition of having scored in the first game of every year. However, this time it was not a usual field goal, rather it was a penalty taken and scored. It looked pretty like a set-up (a nonetheless legal penalty though) either to 'reward' my loyalty to the team (or perhaps a X'mas present from some very dear friends to cheer me up) but given my recent lack lustre performance, I accepted the charity with much humility and thanked both those who got me or gave me the penalty. I will maintain the role of acting coordinator until a new coordinator is appointed (if it does ever happen).

Statistics for 2009 are as follows:
51 Games played: Colours won 30 games, 5 games were drawn and White won 16 games.
Total number of goals scored: Colours (170) White (136)
Clean sheets: Colours (9) White (2)
Longest winning streak: Colours (5 weeks) White (3 weeks)
Best win: Colours (7-1 on 28/1/09) White (9-0 on 21/6/09)
Most goals in a match: 13 Goals (Colours won 8-5 on 1/1/09)
Least goals in a match: 1 Goal (White won 1-0 on 15/11/09)

3 comments:

Adrian Benjamin Lim said...

Hi Jerome,
Adrian here...my email is budakbiasa@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Jerome scored a great penalty which was a joy to witness. Top right hand corner leaving the keeper no chance at all!

SOCIAL FREES said...

Why do I sense a conspiracy to keep me in the coordination job? Continue and it might just work!